Thursday, October 18, 2012

Otakunick reviews Canaan

 

 Hey guys I know this is three days late but I have a good reson for it. I have been playing way to vindictus okay maby its not a good reson but it is a reson. I could have just put the review out without telling you why it was late. so yea todays review is a Canaan.


  The story fallows Oosawa Maria is a Japanese photographer currently working in Shanghai, China. Along with her partner Mino, she searches for potential newsworthy stories throughout the city. When strange events occur at a local festival, Maria and Mino immediately investigate. Quickly, the two are immersed in a battle between unknown masked men and a strange, white-haired woman. Just when Maria is about to be caught in the crossfire, an old friend by the name of Canaan appears and helps Maria escape. But a sinister plot over a deadly virus soon develops, and Canaan learns she must confront her past if she wants any chance at stopping the perpetrator and saving her friends.

  I must tell you I rely did like the story but I think it could have been better if they played it a little mite more on the realistic side rather then going in the way it dos. But till a well written story is a well written story and this is indeed a good story

  Now as for the animation it is good but there was sumthing about it that just felt off to me. And after looking into it I learned the reson why you see if you watch as much anime as I do you see trends in certen peoples work and this anime had the fingerprints of two people who worjk in the indasty I rely like. One being the Character Design Takeuchi, Takashi who aside from canann also wokred on all the type moon anime as Character Design. And the second was the Animation Director Ishii, Akiharu who worked as the Animation Director for many shows I like but Martian Successor Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness movie sticks in my head the most. with two men of such calaber working on this show it rely makes the show come alive

Now for the sound track well i cant rely say much on it aside from a good Op its rely not that memrabel it works good at the time but after that you rely just forget it even exsisted so its compadent just not all that great



But the dub on the other hand is rely nice i watched this on netflix with the ENG dub and I must say its rely not haff bad dispite it being a funimation dub witch Im not gana lie as they rely dont have much compatition theyv rely gotten lazy with dubs

over all its a good show with a fun dub if you like action youl probly like this too

No comments: