Saturday, January 7, 2012

otakunicks thoughts on Mouretsu Pirates



So yea its the begging of the 2012 anime season and what better way to kick things off then with pirates and not just any Pirates cute cute girl space Pirates. Thats right Im hear to let you guys know what i think of Mouretsu Pirates so how about we get right into it because I acholy have a bit to say on this anime

first of like alwas the story The story centers around a spirited high school girl named Marika. She keeps herself busy with the space yacht club and her part-time job at a high-class retro café. One day, two people suddenly appear and claim to be subordinates of her dead father. They demand that she assume command of the space pirate ship Benten Maru. A privateer ship's compact was made during a war of independence a century ago, and according to that compact, the ship must be inherited by the captain's next direct descendant. Marika finds herself embarking on a new life as a space pirate. So yea what can I say who wouldint want to be in this girls shoes I know I would I mean camon being the caption of a band of space Pirates would be so much fun.

and speaking of fun it sounds like the VAs where having a blast doing this anime all the voices sound like each VA relay got into the roles they played witch resorts in a rely well recorded EP I hope they keep up the good work because if they do keep it up this show may just be the best voiced anime of this new year

but sadly whar thar is a good point thar is bound to be a bad on and this shows down fall is its art witch is rely pretty plain infact I can point out 2 or 3 charters from the first EP alone that look like they were swiped from other anime and the CG for the ships look like they were pulled from the erly 2000s but even with that sed it still looks good its the type of anime that even with sum bad art chooses still pulls together quite nicely espesholy when it come to detail in the backgrounds witch look great just so long as they dont go CG


so as of right now this show has one thing going for it and one thing agenst it (kinda) so whats the music like well all I can say is its great fits perfectly with the show and at the same time sounds good by its self I have been lisaing to the OP on a loop as I wright this review I mite even get the OST when it comes out


so with a goos story good voice work pasabel art and great music I have to recamend Mouretsu Pirates to anyone reading this blog but we all now just how fast a anime can go from great to oh my god why and with this anime having 26 EP it rely can get bad so come back when I do a mid series review in 11 weeks

No comments: