Thursday, December 6, 2012

OtakuNick Reviews Zone of the Enders: Idolo Blu-ray remaser


Hey guys its me OtakuNick and Im hear with a review Iv been wanting to do for so long. As sum of you might alredy know when it comes to Kojimas games I hold his Zone of the enders games above the metal gear solid games. I dont know why myself I think MGS is fun but ZOE just has sumthing more to it that rely lends to kojimas style of wrighting. Anyway what I will be reviewing today is not the ZOE games but a spin off OVA that comes befor the Games and the subsaquent full langth anime serries zone of the enders Dolores I. so please sit back and enjoy



Z.O.E. 2167 Idolo will take place a few years prior to the events of the series Z.O.E Dolores,i, and is centered on the "Deimos Incident," an act of terrorism by the Mars revolutionaries.

The BAHRAM army pilots Radium and Viola are the best in their class, and have such have been chosen to do spearhead testing on a new type of weapon; Mars hopes this weapon will liberate them from the UNSF's (United Nations Space Force) tyranny. This new technology called the "Orbital Frame," and is powered by an extreamly rare and powerful source of energy known as metatron ore.

This OVA depicts the Deimos incident, and the story leading up to this incident. That pretty much sums up the plot but after re watching this OVA I will have to admit even thow it takes place befor the anime and the games this is sumthing that truly cant be apresheated untill youv seen the anime and played the games. But evebn if you havent it is a good story its just fans of the other work will apresheat it more.

As for the art the old desings have taken well to the blu-ray upscal. ofcorse its not perfect the aspect reshio is a bit wierd going more vertacal then harazontal. But thats probly due more to the OVA being made in a squared format like 480P but all the models look good and the colors are much brighter and pop nicly.

But if thare is one thing I have to say I loves hands down about this OVA its the sound track just like the games this OVA has scors in it that are just bone chillingly beautiful espesholy the ending  Kiss Me Sunlights by  Heart of Air witch is also the opening theme of the first zone of the enders game witch is so fitting that it hurts



last on my list of things to go thew is the voice work witch is rely good. My first time watching this was back when I was in midel school and I saw it Dub so this was my first time watching the OVA in japanese and I have to say the japanese blows the old dub away hands down the better voice work. but both are good.

Over all this is a absalut must see for ZOE fans and truth be told if your a ZOE fan and you havent seen this whats wrong with you. but for all you reguler mecha fans that have never heard of ZEO in any way shape or form this is a good OVA and it is a good way to get into the franchis. Witch with the ZEO HD coletion out now you rely dont have a reson to not to try and get into.

No comments: