Saturday, January 21, 2012

otakunicks thoughts on another



well then sum of you mite know that I am a bit or a horror fanatic ever since my dad had be watch the hellraser movies when i was six(trust me when I say this you make a 6 year old watch that he will never be scard of a movie ever again) so you can imagine my glee to hear that among this seasons other anime a horror anime would be present and let me just say it may be damn near impossible to scar me but I can recognize when a horror story is doing it right and another is defiantly doing it right its got good passing witch is whats the most in portent in horror story's the make or brake factor in a horror story is infarct its passing more so then other story type you cant just thow out the monster or the killer right away you need to make the viewer think and when the viewer is thinking that is when the real fun starts but you did not come hear to hear me lecture you on what makes a good horror story you want to know about another

another's story starts 26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures. I know what your thinking WTF this is'int scary and your right the set up is not what makes it a good horror its what do after the first ep starts witch makes it a good horror all I can say is give it 2 or 3 eps it will start picking up soon but mark my words this has the making of a grade A horror story even with its PG-13 rating

now on to the sound track there is one group I would trust with making a OP for a horror anime and let me just say another got that one group Ali project is probably the best at setting a pitcher in your head of this shit will get real and with such anime as code geass, shigafumi and Katanagatari its no wonder why they chose this group do do the op but a good OP cant make up for bad BGMs but thankfully with otani Kou making the OST we got a masterful sound track that just scream out to be parsed and for good resin the way otani handled this OST is just great the biled up in the chorus at the more intense seens is rely just what was needed so yea with the op and the BGMs so good Id say they rely did great with the OST


now the art is probly the thing I can talk the lest about its not that its bad in no way is it bad its realy good but Im just rely use to seeing Ishii Yuriko art style by now and as thus I come to expect a serten level from him witch he gave us hear witch is rely reminiscent of darker then black mixed with a bit of blood+ witch works well but is sumthing iv alredy seen a good amount of time by now so arts good just not ground brakeing

so over all I say yea give another a shot its probly going to be one of the better tittels this season if not the year

No comments: