Wednesday, December 19, 2012

OtakuNick reviews Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!



Okay guys its the first review of the most resent season. And let me just say this is a cuntender for my beast anime of the season. it has its ups and downs like anime but what kyotoanimation did with the last EP just knocked this show right out of the park so without any ferther waiting lets get into the rundown.

Yuuta Togashi suffered from chuunibyou(8TH-Gradesyndrome) while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it... or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment—until the unavoidable, sad event occurs. The event that locks Yuuta into a contract with Rikka Takanashi and disrupts his desperately ordinary life. I know what your thinking this is just another slice of life anime from kyoani much like K-On but trust me this is anything but K-On aside from the visuals.

And speeking of the visuals just to get this out of the way yes Chuunibyou and K-On have the same Character Designer Ikeda, Kazumi but you know what other anime Ikeda, Kazumi did the Character Design for? No well let me tell you  Ikeda, Kazumi is the Character Designer for KEYs own Clannad and Clannad After story another anime that tuged at my heart. so needless to say yes i think the art is good its not great I would have liked it if he whent more twords the clannad dedign rather then the K-On ones but over all everything looks good.

Now then lets talk music Chuunibyou has a farly good original sound track nothing to wright home about but its better then alot of stuff that comes out in this day and age. So Id say its a above avrig OST. I probly whont be going to look for the soundtrack like I will be for say JOJOs OST but if I come acrose it Id probly pick it up. but thars are two tracks that I absalutly long and yes they are the OP and ENDing tracks I dont know why I just love them.






Okay now this is the part of the review I rely could not wait to get to the the voice work. the voice work in  Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! is probly the best Iv seen come from kyotoanimation in years evry line is hits it mark when they what funny they get funn when they need depresiing they hit the nail on thehead. And more over you can rely just tell they Voice Actors where having a plast with this anime.

Over all Im sad that this show ended it was so great for a 12 Ep anime it just makes me whonder what they could have done with 24. so yes this is a must watch 

No comments: