Friday, October 15, 2010

fighter jets aliens and singing oh my


hey guys its me nick and befor I start with more reviews of the new fall season Id figr Id do a revew on sumthing that I was litaral surching for for 2 years and thats macross II lovers again witch was a 6 ep ova sequel to macross do you remember love (the movie addaptation of the origanol macross anime this ova came out in May 21, 1992 and whent on till Nov 21, 1992 on a 1 a month relese like most ovas and befor I get into this one let me tell you alil about macross ingenarol its one of the real robot anime that came out after gundam and is know best over hear in the US as robotech but robotech was more of a almagamation of 3 anime witch macross was one of them infact it was the first saga apaly named the macross saga witch is even among robotech fans cunsiterd the mest saga of the basterasation that was robotech and with that out of the way let me give you a lil back ground on the story

A.D. 2089 - 80 years have passed since Space War 1 changed the lives of both human and Zentraedi races. Both races are at peace on Earth when a new alien race called the "Marduk" appear within the Solar System. While covering the first battle between the U.N. Spacy and the Marduk fleet, SNN rookie reporter Hibiki Kanzaki discovers Ishtar, an "Emulator" that enhances the Marduk's combat abilities through singing. Hibiki brings Ishtar to Earth to teach her the values of life and culture. Together with ace Valkyrie pilot Silvie Gena, Hibiki and Ishtar must find a way to save Earth from total destruction at the hands of the Marduk leader Ingues.

know Iv herd so mutch about macross 2 mostly bad things befor watching it but in truth it dusint deserv the shit it gets(for the most part) dont get me wrong this isint the beast anime of all time but it isint the worst ether in fact it duse sumthing that Iv never seen in a macross anime and thats give closer on the love triangel witch is sumthing that has alwased pissed me off granted it duse this by not ignolagin the love triangel to the end whar the 2 chariters that didint show any intrest in each other got to geather out of no ware but still it was intaresting

now the big gimic about macross is its music macross and music are like congoyned twins you never see them apart and macross 2 is like the rest the music is great I love the OP and ending and evrything in between granted this is erly 90s music so its not gana be K-on type music infact its more like origanol macrosses music 80s style pop with sum rock and sorry guys no fire bomber lol(injock for macross 7 fans) but still varry good


next up on my list of things to talk about is the art and animation now as I sed erlyer this is a erly 90s OVA and the art shows that all handrown cels and I most say i love the art but for you people that cant stand the hand drown style Id like to say that you probly will hate the art but still you shud give this a tre its relly good but I know that whont happen becuse people like me oldfags as wer called on 4chan and other anime bords are a dieing breed of anime fan but the thing is even use fans of the older anime can still see the newer stuff in a good light even if it looks to cleen (witch is sumthing I think shood be changed in newer anime ) so why cant you newer fans do the same and see this art for what it is sumones hard work becuse thats what I seen ever fight seen in this OVA is one of a kind no stock animation (sept for the OP ending and the eye ceach) the chariters are properly paportioned and move without any cut or jiters in the animation

now the last thing on my list is the cast and chariters I love bolth the japanes VAs do thare job perfectly and relly mad me beleve the motavations of the chariters its sad that this OVA got sutch a atroshus US dub infact this is war macross 2 gets most of its heat from in the US dub it dusint sound like anyone relly cared if this sounded good or not witch was a damn shame so if this review makes you what to give macross 2 a trie first off good luck and second watch it in the japanese dub

over all I liked this OVA I spent 2 yers looking for this thinking it was going to be shit only whanting to watch it becuse I whant to finish all the macross anime along with the gundam but once I acholy found it and watched it it exses my exspectatons of what a desent OVA is let a long the exspectations I hade for it witch wer this is going to be the longest 3hours of my life but no it blasted right past that and know i hold this up as a good OVA even by todays standers hell the story and plot are avholy better then most OVAs now adays that parly qualafy as OVA in my opinyon so im giveing this 8 macross canons out of 10
but one word of worning I wasint jocking when I sed I was looking for this for 2 years this had to be the hardest OVA to finedthat I ever inconterd atlest for thouws without netlix thow I dont know if its still on thare so if your going to go look for this I wish you the best of luck

No comments: