Sunday, June 26, 2011

otakunick anime reviews (A-channel)

Well guys it's that time again one of the spring anime season has wrapped up and I'm here to give you my thoughts on it and let me just say if this review doesn't make you want to go out and watch this anime right now I really wouldn't be surprised. A-Channel really has to be one of the most plain anime I have watched in years and this is coming from a guy that watches between 10 and 20 anime a season but I still do opt out of some though.

A-Channels story revolves around the everyday life of four high school girls: the flighty Run, the reckless Tooru, the timid Yuuko, and the level-headed Nagi. Doesn't sound all the interesting right well that’s because it isn’t the one sentence really sums up all 12 episodes of this anime it really just feels like they plopped us right into the daily lives of these four girls and honestly I really don’t see a reason for anyone to rush out and watch this.

The animation looks good most of the time but they use this weird chibi-esque like face on all the characters but don’t make the body’s chibi, couple this with the characters already looking like noodle people and your just waiting for one of there necks to snap under the weight of their massive heads. I'm shore this worked in the manga because they’d crop into just the heads but for anime its just awkward.

Now the music is good that is if they didn’t use an insert song each episode to pad out the length of the episode, having one or two insert songs in an anime isn't that bad but seriously why every episode it really more of a hindrance then it is help.

So to wrap things up on this short review I really cant see why I didn’t drop this anime its easily one of the weakest series this season with no real redeeming features and I really don’t see any reason to say watch it so this ones really up to your own discretion guys.

No comments: